Thread: 71 BM Vette
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed427vette View Post
[ QUOTE ]
In response to the authenticity of this car i can verify that it is indeed a real Baldwin motion corvette and unfortunatley it will soon have a new owner. I can also tell you that HP2 is a sraight shooter and everything he is telling you guys is for real. I know this because i have been a good friend of the family for many years and worked with the deceased owner on researching this car. This car is probably one of the most documented low mileage BM vettes that exists including the original bill of sale and build sheet. From the research we have done we believe it is the same car used in the BM advertisements and possibly the only 71 built. I have many pictures of this car that i will try and post in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive the last BM Phase III GT built was the Daytona Yellow car Joel owned and restored in 1993. Although that car had the 69 style gills it had the 71 grill. It was also said to be the last car built and had to be built 2 times as a fire burned down the first finished car. The article can be found in VETTE magazine in 1992, maybe June. It was also plastered over every car magazine in 1993 when the resto was finished
The car that Burned was one of the earlier GTs in the program, the story goes the builder said it just burned but then they found out it was 10 miles from the shop and they were out joy riding it. Gary The Local Brush did all the builds after that.