View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 11:14 PM

Default Queen City Cincinnati OH dealer invoices

Thanks Pete,

I'm looking forward to reading the handfuls of other threads about Queen City Chevrolet as well.

Hey guys, I've always wondered if Queen City Chev. Co. placed these same (or similar) glove box stickers in your cars too? If you've got any photos would you please post them to this thread? No matter how chewed up they may be!

When I bought my first Corvette, my '66 427 convertible with air conditioning, it didn't have any prior ownership paperwork at all. There was an echo in my glovebox. But what was inside there proved to be the key to finding out where my plastic fantastic originally came from!

The glovebox door appeared to be factory original to the car in 1988 when I bought her in Dallas. On the inside of the metal door there were 2 dealership stickers glued to the cupholder depressions. These stickers were quite a mystery for about a years worth of telephone calls searching possible cities/towns where Queen City Chevrolet used to be. I knew it no longer existed. The GM Historic folks told me that early on. No city or area codes on these glovebox stickers. Very frustrating back then. Remember, this was wayyyy before NCRS offered factory dealership shipping data. That came in the 2000's.

One night around 1989 I was chatting with the Chicago telephone operator. Remember those ladies? Man, I miss those days. Anyway, she said "Cincinnati is known as the Queen City. Don't you watch WKRP In Cincinnati?" I said "GIVE ME CINCINNATI INFORMATION!" The next operator in Cincinnati told me all about Queen City Chevrolet. She used to work a couple of blocks from there. Great memories.

Anyway guys, here's those historic glovebox stickers. These came from a '67 Corvette. Nicer than my originals on my '66 but identical stickers. What style do you have on your Chevys?

Enjoy, Mike
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VetteSpaz For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (06-22-2021), dykstra (08-03-2023), PeteLeathersac (06-23-2021), Tracker1 (06-23-2021)