View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 02:03 AM

Default Queen City Cincinnati OH dealer invoices

OK, I'm getting old but not too old to figure out who's who when it comes to "TarrytownSS427s". Warren you're "TAR6569" and your brother Steve is TarrytownZ24? Tell me I got that right???

Again, you guys are above and beyond when it comes to selfless actions for the benefit of all. I thought I was one of the few left out here. Man, it's refreshing! I've joined up with some sterling guys here I can tell. A couple of years ago I purchased a reasonably priced '65 Corvette warranty book with it's protecto-plate just to snatch it up to keep it away from the scalpers. I've got it listed under the NCRS Orphan Forum with hopes of reuniting it with it's rightful owner if it still exists. Pay it forward. It's full circle.

Warren, the other night I was curious what I would net if I Googled a VIN from a Queen City sales invoice copy that an old QC Chev. Co. salesman had mailed to me many years ago #194676S113187 and WHAM!!! It linked me to this thread that you two started with all these VIN numbers. Then and there I joined "The Supercar Registry".

About 1991 I befriended an old Queen City Chevrolet salesman via the telephone who wanted to try and help me with my lifelong history search of my '66 427. You must have known him. Otherwise you wouldn't own these sales invoices which led me to you guys. Ralph Gabbard was a very interesting fellow. We often chatted for hours on the phone about the old days at Queen City Chevrolet. As I recall, Ralph worked there from about '65-'68(ish).

I'm attaching a QCC ad from the Enquirer dated December 16th, 1965. You'll see a listing of the salesmen that worked there at that time. For some reason Ralph Gabbard isn't included. But Clancy Condit is among the others. I'm also attaching this cool post card that Clancy would mail out in '67 to prospective customers.

My '66 Corvette's final assembly date was December 1st, 1965. Must have arrived at Queen City around a week later. I've always suspected that my '66 was a possible corporate ordered car by the dealership owner Nick Halmi. Not a COPO car but one to promote the all new big block AC combination. And make it even more rare by ordering a convertible. Ralph Gabbard swore to me that Nick drove a Nassau Blue big block AC convertible about that time. But I can't back that up. Is there anyone in this Registry that used to work there then?

No matter what, I'm grateful to be part of this group. Mike
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to VetteSpaz For This Useful Post:
dykstra (08-03-2023)