View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 03:04 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingn View Post
I have a 22' + 3' v nose all alum trailer by Ligntning which is owned by Forrest river industries. Its light as heck and hauls my 3800 lb car with ease with my f150. I had it custom made with the man door moved up away from the car and the escape door also moved up so that I can fully open the car door to get out. I have a rubber floor, white walls, 5200 lb axles, alum wheels, heavy duty frame, in floor e track, beavertail and a few other options. Very inexpensive. $11000 delivered 500 miles. It pulls like a dream. https://www.lightningtrailers.com/pr...270&Image=9886
Looks near Identical to our custom ordered trailer - 22ft with a 3 foot V, double fold down ramp with check plate double fold - all rubber check floors, white finished roof and walls, we have a set of cabinets up high in the V and our ceiling is 8ft to accommodate our 1940 FORD Woodie Wagon which is pretty TALL - it also has built in jack stands on the rear corners so you can load/unload with out it being attached to a truck.

We have the Reese sway control and load levelers... the SWAY control was a LIFE SAVER last year when I was on the way back from the Cinci NCRS Regionals there were 50 MPH gusts when I came down through Fancy Gap and the truck and trailer were taking alot of side winds.

Weighs 5500
Cost right at $14,500
Pulling with a Duramax GMC.
FWIW the woodie wagon has never been in the trailer... it's been driven near 30,000 miles since being restored.

NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos