View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird812 View Post
Been a while since i did the bleeding but I remember it was firm and I think I used a clamp to depress it and free my hands up to do the bleeding at each front wheel. I would put something (piece of wood) between your clamp and the plunger so as not to harm it.
Yep, that sounds like the proper way to do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird812 View Post
Hey Joe, I reached out to Tom, WilmasL78boy, and he should check in soon.
Thank you so much Sam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILMASBOYL78 View Post
69 Chassis Service Manual states this regarding bleeding front disc brakes:

"The spring loaded end of the pressure metering valve must be depressed while bleeding. This can be done by depressing and holding the plunger in the end of the valve either by hand, or by clamping.

This is all on page 5-29....there is additional information on pages 5-3 thru 5-5

If the plunger won't move, it may be stuck due to age/corrosion...I would check it and service as needed.

I double checked the 70 manual as well...same instructions.

Good luck.

_wilma

**you just reminded me I have to look at the front brakes on the 70 4 spd...I had a collapsed hose and changed both of them...pedal is still a little soft...
Hey Wilma, thanks for checking in!! I actually clamped the metering valve in a vise this morning and the plunger still won't move!! Guess I've got a faulty valve after all. Gee, it's "only" (almost) 51 years old so what do I expect??!!! It will be nice to get her back on the road, especially since I hear gas prices are coming way down!! But, then again, we aren't supposed to go out (in California) anyway!!
Take care, be well and thanks again for all your help everyone!!