View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,180 Posts

I hear you. I remember about 6 years ago looking for an early 80's El Camino for our son. Found one on line that looked promising. Called the guy and specifically asked two questions::any rust? Did the Check Engine light work properly and was it on? Came across (purposely) as an individual selling his personal vehicle. It was a dealer.

Told me everything was perfect. Drove 50 miles to go see it. Didn't even drive it. Could see clear through the rocker on the driver's side. Had an Edelbrock carb without any kind of TPS, but still had the computer controlled distributor, and the Check Engine light had been removed.
Told the guy he really needed to get out of the business if he didn't know any more about cars than that.

There are lots of good pick ups for sale in that age range here in the OKC metro, and MOST (yes, there are exceptions) do not have serious rust issues. If you find something you might be interested in, and don't mind coming here to pick it up, shoot me a PM. Be glad to go look at it for you, if it isn't too far away, and at least cull the crap for you.