View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinnaples View Post
Hey Danny, I'm from the South Hills of Pittsburgh as well. Grew up in South Baldwin on the border of South Park, lol. I graduated in 1984. Where did you graduate from?
That's too funny, we ran in similar circles. My '68 Camaro was built by Norm LeBlanc and painted by Steve Dobos (not sure if you knew them back in the day).
I had a '68 Chevelle SS396 that was yellow and black around 1993 that I sold to a guy in North Baldwin, so I have a soft spot for '68 Chevelles and Camaros.
It would be awesome if you could find it again and see how it is.
wow..that is cool,I was at the South Park Mcdonalds the night they posted Security guards and put the chains up to keep us out of the bigger parking lot.
I honestly don't remember your car or meeting those guys but there were so many I knew on a first name basis,I was out there almost every night..in fact a couple dozen of us went in on jackets and the kid who used to go with me still has his.
red satin of course with "South Park Street Machines" and a guys Corvette Summer wannabee clone in the center..thinking his name was Joe and he got them made..lol
we got kicked out of McD's then went to Danny's which didn't last long..at that point it was Wendy's.
we used to pack the place.
like I said above.. that timeframe was basically the beginning of the end,cops were total buzzkills,Bethel got me 2 seperate times..tires extending beyond fender edge,engine not completely covered..last straw was a friend with a tilt front Stingray who actually got a loitering ticket in South Park!
that is what the hell its for!..lol
he fought it,lost..got the AFL/CIO to help and I think lost again.
it was BS and the main reason I ended up playing in the dirt.
I grew up and lived in the little town of McDonald..about a half hour away and still live near there,graduted from Bishop Canevin near Carnegie.
sometimes I wonder where all of those cars ended up..some really nice cars were around back then.
shame it had to end!
thx for bringing back some of the memories..lol