View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:47 PM

I've used this article for research on the '68 Harrell Chevelle's and have gleaned a lot of information from it. My old car would have already been shipped to Courtesy Chevrolet by the time this story was shot. I believe the two Harrell Chevelles featured here are Suydam's car and a missing Fathom Blue car. I've spent HOURS trying to find Jerry Stagner, who's listed in the article as being the person who applied the nose stripes. I've also spent quite a bit of time trying to find T.L. Walker. From the sounds of it he wasn't in good standing with Dick shortly after this article debuted.
There are 4 known '68 Harrell Super Chevelles as of now, with at least 2 others that we know were created but haven't been located.
The Camaro's on the other hand are a lot more elusive. Just Suydam's is known to exist. The Lemans Blue car in the article remains a mystery. I've unearthed 6 separate classified ads on '68 Harrell Camaros for sale. Some may be the car being offered for sale again down the road. The most promising of one of these is I spoke with a person in Arizona who listed one in the Arizona Republic. The car was red (Suydam's is Red as well, different car). That puts us at 3 cars known. Another ad listed a "500hp" Dickie Harrell '68 Camaro for sale in AZ with Air!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 69hurstSC For This Useful Post:
copo-2 (03-22-2024), JBALL (03-21-2024), SS427 (03-21-2024)