View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Update on my 68 Camaro,I have now had it 4 years and have enjoyed some nice summer cruizing. Over the past three years I acquired a correct date coded BV rear end ,same for an M21 Trans and a March 68 MO block. All components have been rebuilt and are ready to go in the car.
Step one was to remove the 69 Code BV and get it to the new owner,springs came out and a cleanup started on the underside.
Remember this car spent its entire life in the Willamette Valley of Oregon where they produce great Pinot Noirs and preserve 68 Camaros.
The underside is amazing, after alight cleaning with Zep 505,scrubbing and a drying evidence of factory over spray and undercoating in the wheel wells are evident .
I am not doing any restoration of the underside and just going to clean and preserve whats there. The car was drag raced extensively and had a roll bar. I will only fill the holes with plugs as I dont want to do any welding or re painting.

Rear end coming out:

Used our big steel table to support front end in case of weight transfer,trunk had about 200 lbs of heads and cranks as counter weight,safety first.

Got gas tank out and made room to remove springs, which will be cleaned up and all new bushings.

Next came the cleanup, happy with results from first pass, exhaust will be dropped to make more room.

Can anyone chime in here and comment on the wheel well undercoating, it does not appear to be a dealer application as it is only in the wheel wells sand some over spray. This is a Van Nuys built car.

68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com

Last edited by Canuck; 03-28-2019 at 07:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:
300deluxeL79 (03-28-2019), markinnaples (01-30-2023)