View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:55 PM

Default SCR Man of the Year 2019

For the past few years the SCR has chosen an individual to honor as the "Person of the Year". It's rarely difficult to list possible nominees, but sometimes one name just seems to be a unanimous choice of all the committee. This year is one of those instances.

This person has been in the SuperCar and Muscle Car hobby for as long as we can recall. He has amassed one of the most enviable collections anyone can imagine and has shared those cars with the public at many of the most popular and prestigious events across the country. A long-time participant of the SCR; always willing to participate, always willing to help, and always one of the most gracious and kind gentlemen you'll ever meet.

The SCR logo usually includes the names of the Hi-Performance Dealers of the era and includes the COPO cars of the late 60s and early 70s. This gentleman can fill the ticket of most of the Dealers on that list.

Yenko? Yes!

Baldwin/Motion? Yes!

COPO? Yes!

Significant Factory Muscle? Yes!

His collection includes prime examples of the cars we all dreamed of in that era. And in many cases, the cars aren't just show pieces; they hit the drag strip and do what they were meant to do: Race, and race hard.

Many of us have shared days with this gentleman over the years, and now I'm sure some of you are reading this and are already smiling because you've figured it out. I'm equally certain you'll approve of the choice.

It is with great pleasure we announce this year's SCR Man of the Year; Mr. Mark Hassett.
earntaz (06-29-2019), John (06-30-2019), m22mike (06-28-2019), PxTx (06-28-2019), ruralrte66 (06-29-2019), Xplantdad (06-28-2019), Z-11 396 (06-30-2019)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...