View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,492 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDW View Post
50 years ago, I spent many hours and many dollars in that building. I would save money for months to buy my parts from them, although I had a"line of credit" with them. I still live about two miles from there. Seen a LOT of nice stuff go through that building in all the time Kustom was there.
My dad worked 2nd shift during my formative years.

All summer I'd ride around with him while he ran his errands: over to city hall to pay the water bill, then over to Consumer's to pay the electric bill. Those rides would usually include a stop at Kustom, or "Automotive Parts & Machine Shop" on Davison Rd, or General Bolt, or Richfield Iron Works, either to check the progress on something or pick up additional parts. (Maybe if I was lucky a stop at the A&W on Richfield Road!).

Right before I retired I was making the rounds, visiting my suppliers and was shooting the bull with one of the secretaries. It hit me at that point: "oh my gosh - I've morphed into my Dad!!".

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 07-09-2021 at 12:21 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
markjohnson (10-25-2021), olredalert (07-09-2021), scuncio (07-09-2021)