View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 08:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelRyan View Post
I have no plans of running it down the track as I think a Hyundai Sonata probably has a better 1/4 mile time than a bone stock 70 Hemi Challenger. Next month, I will probably load it in the trailer and take it down to the local cars and coffee meet where there will be a sea of Porsche's, McLaren's, etc. My hope is a young kid or 2 will see it and take interest in it or it will bring back a good memory for some old timer walking around. Too many of these cars are getting bought up and stored away in private collections. There are a few of us trying to buy these cars to share with others and keep the hobby alive, but then we have to deal with bullshit like the Uncle Tony's Garage video. The sad thing is Uncle Tony knows what he is talking about and he should be spending his time sharing his knowledge and celebrating the muscle cars of yesterday instead of trashing them to earn ad revenue. For the record, there was NOTHING Mecum said or did to impact my decision to buy this car. I was not scammed by anyone in my decision to buy the car. I was just one of several hundred people at Mecum that day that overpaid for a car...nothing less and nothing more. My garage is open to anyone at anytime. If anyone that reads this message is ever in the Bradenton, Florida area, shoot me a message as you are welcome to stop by...and yes The Black Ghost will be there.
Congrats on your latest acquisition!
L78_Nova (05-23-2023), PeteLeathersac (05-22-2023), Steve Shauger (05-22-2023), TarheelRyan (05-21-2023)