View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
He was so much fun to talk to.

I would purposely get him into bench racing discussions just to set him off and listen to his old stories. When I told him that the guy that he sold the car to back in 1982 or so, had given the car a tuneup it didn't need and threw away the original distributor cap, Rick dug through his records, found the guys phone number and called him up and yelled at him after hanging up with me.

Imagine having some random Octogenarian cold call you and start screaming at the top of his lungs about something that happened 30 years ago.

It was priceless. He was that curmudgeonly, lovable grandpa that everyone wished they had.

I was thinking about how to celebrate his life? I might have to save up some money and finally buy that set of new reproduction Goodyear Steelgard Radials that SmallHurst sells. The car needs to be driven more. Monday was the first time it left the garage this year. You think my son would forgive me if I didn't pay his college tuition installment this month? (in honor of Rick) :-)
Approved!!!

Tires it is.

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31