View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:26 PM

Thanked 7,178 Times in 1,578 Posts

The first time I saw this car was in 2005 at the Mecum auction near Chicago when it was sold as a part of Keith Hutson's Yenko collection. It was represented as a low mileage car with an older restoration. Steve Schultz bought the collection and all five cars were displayed at the Gilmore Auto Museum for a period of time. The next time I saw this car was at the Fall 2011 auction at Auburn where I took the pictures that are on my Supercar Photographs thread. It was at that time I noticed the trim tag showed it was an X66 car which I thought was strange since it was an 03B car with a body number of NOR219743. The car did have the X66 trim with the blacked out tail panel at that time which I thought only the 01B cars had. The car has been at a number of Mecum auctions since I saw it in Auburn and I show that it sold at Mecum in Dallas in both 2013 and 2017. In comparing the photos I have from 2011 to the photos on the Mecum website for Kissimmee it looks like the same car although it has been freshened up some. Particularly under the hood. I don't know who owns this car now or what happened to the race car that supposedly had the same hidden VIN that Tommy T. owned back in 2007. It would be cool if the old race car was actually restored and reunited with it's original VIN tag.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrays For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-04-2020)