View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

The body will be mounted on the rolling chassis with our new wheels and tires in the coming weeks for the shoot. From there we will be doing the final assembly. Still LOTS of nights and weekends ahead of Annie and I to get this done. Restoring LS6's you would think I would be used to the efforts to find rare parts but this care has been worse as some of the items have been very elusive but I refuse to cut corners.

Thanks also to the many people that have helped us locate and/or provide many of these parts. Many of you have given up parts for this project that were destined to go on your rare cars so for this we are once again very grateful. Other parts have even been sold or given to us that were destined for two other 69 Yenko restorations after both the owners decided to not restore their cars but drive and enjoy them the way they are.

After considerable prodding, one gentleman in Louisville even gave up two of his NOS Yenko crest emblems, two original V.V. Cooke license plate surrounds and a 69 USA plate as well as several other V.V. Cooke items and more coming.

Since Baltimore cars used PPG glass and no one reproduces it, that will all have to be custom made. A shout out to Auto City Classic in Isanti, MN for supplying us with the glass for the car. I am having one of our customers make us the negatives for the logos and these will be acid etched onto the glass exactly as we found them.

I have also hired a company to reproduce the 1970 Kentucky inspection decal which will be going back on the car and a couple of other people to custom make many of the decals on the car. I will also have to have the brake line stamps custom made as I only have some for the 70 cars so lots to do yet.
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations

Last edited by SS427; 01-13-2019 at 07:06 PM.