View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalzaretta62 View Post
To add to the story......So I contacted the folks that supposedly have Grumpy's Toy IV in Pennsylvania (Dale & Vicki) and sent them the pictures of the motor with the documentation that is was indeed the motor that was published by the Peterson Archive. I offered them the motor for what I purchased it for as I thought it should go to them. They let me know today that they wanted to pass on buying it. The potential value of a Jenkins car with the motor that won the 1970 Winternationals beating the Ronnie Sox car would put it in the stratosphere......I was shocked at their response!! Well, it is going in my Camaro where I intended it to go when I bought it. It is a Yenko built SCCA car, later turned into a drag car. This will be a good fit rather than the 1969 ZL-1 block that I was going to use. I will post a few pictures when I get it out of the crate.
The car out in Pittsburgh is a fake. The whole story about Toy 4 was a ex SCCA car was fabricated. Its very easy to disprove the whole story by looking at original pictures of Toy 4 and compare them to the fake one from Pittsburgh. The easy way to i.d. the car is when Jenkins had the car and when Brooklyn Heavy had the car there was no full cage like the Pittsburgh car has that was claimed to be installed before Jenkins got it.