Thread: Laaaaaaand HO!!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,401 Times in 758 Posts

Reminds me of the time I partially amputated the end of my finger after removing the last bolt that held the clockspring on a power window regulator. It slammed shut on all my fingers, which luckily slowed it down to where it then just tried to slowly trim off the last one and stopped at the bone.

The comical part was getting my son to come outside and apply direct pressure to the spraying, bloody wound. He had just passed his high school emergency medic test in gym class that afternoon! It was something right out of a Three Stooges episode when we could not figure out how to get into the car to drive to the emergency room while he was still attached to me in his effort to stop the bleeding. He didn't have a driver's license so I had to drive. Which meant he had to slide across the driver's seat and into the passenger seat while holding my left index finger with his right hand.

I can still hear the Benny Hill theme song in my head.

(At least you didn't just pull the nail back out. That is the worst thing to do with a foreign object penetration wound).

I think you should make a small horseshoe out of that nail and attach it over the entrance to the new barn for good luck.