View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
I would love to know what exact springs people are using to get them to sit correctly. As of late we have had nothing but trouble getting these cars to sit down where people like to see them. I have 4 cars in the shop and all 4 sit at this height. ALL have original assembly line springs in them on all 4 corners. Two of them still had the tags on them when they came in as well as original assembly line shocks but sit high. I have tried several different Moog springs and am now onto trying Eaton springs. We have also done all the math with the vendors to try and resolve it and have a TON of money in both labor and spring cost and have not been able to get them to sit right. Been doing this for 40 plus years and these last 4 cars are killing me.

That is very strange.

I had to read your note twice to make sure I understood correctly...….

Did the 4 cars sit nice and low when they arrived unrestored?

My car sat perfectly nice and low when I got it and I reused the original springs an it sits the same now...…… I'm really puzzled Rick, keep me in the loop!!

Control arm bolts tightened when the suspension is up as high as possible? I am not going to have any suggestions for you as I have 1 year of experience and you have 40 :-)

Ryan W.

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31