View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle View Post
That is very strange. Did the 4 cars sit nice and low when they arrived unrestored?

Control arm bolts tightened when the suspension is up as high as possible? I am not going to have any suggestions for you as I have 1 year of experience and you have 40 :-)
Ryan W.
They all sat a little lower but not by much and still higher than most would like to see. I cannot stress enough, all had original 50 year old worn out coils and two cars had original shocks.

We tighten the suspension when the car is a rolling chassis and no body. We then pull it down while on a 4 post hoist using ratchet straps and take measurements where prescribed in the book and then tighten all the bolts. I have been doing it this way for years. I am really getting frustrated as it is prohibiting me from delivering some of these cars.

I just received my Eaton coils about and hour ago and they are 2" shorter than the other 4 original sets so we shall see where that puts it. If that works then I have to figure out how to lower the fronts the same amount but should be easy using the same formula. Just a pain to have to tear four front ends apart to replace front coils.

The one pictured looks good but is still about 1.5" too high.
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS427 For This Useful Post:
flyingn (03-03-2021), olredalert (03-04-2021), RPOLS3 (03-03-2021), Ryan1969Chevelle (03-03-2021)