View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 05:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,933 Times in 949 Posts

Yes, trailer storage is important too.

I laid out my storage garage with a 12'x12' door on the short side so as to park the truck and trailer along the back long wall with room enough to drop the trailer gate. Front side long wall has three 18' doors to allow any car to back out and go. 14' ceiling allows lifts to stack cars. "attic trusses" allow for parts storage room upstairs, accessed by staircase and a hoist on a jib through a scuttle hole for heavy stuff.

Attached to the house, the 28x30 shop ajoins the driver garage and then extends to a "dirty room" with parts washer, blast cabinet vac, a small paint booth and the compressor. On the frontside of this also ajoining the shop is a garage for the tractor, ATV, fork lift, engine lift, and the blast cabinet which is connected to the vac through the wall. 2" foam under the concrete which is 8" thick in lift mount areas and radiant water heat. You will want floor drains also.

That's beautiful property and it's satisfying to have a plan come together with everything at home, I was exactly where you are three and a half years ago. Hire contractors based on quality rather than price and good luck!

Bill W
The Following User Says Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (03-20-2019)