View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

Scott, thanks for looking for the small details as those are things I want to make sure I have correct. However, with regards to these fittings, I have original photos that Chris White had provided me of a literal Day 2 take off carb mounted on an intake and those fittings are plated in black zinc chromate (assuming I am using the correct term). They are a little more washed out in the photos I have but never the less you can see what they were originally. I also have several fittings I removed from cars back in the 70's as well as original carbs in my inventory and all have the black zinc chromate finish. I think the confusion comes from many carb restorers who have restored these over the last 30 years who restored them and replated everything on the carb in yellow (gold) dichromate.

However...….thanks to you bringing it to my attention I see that my float adjustment nut and lock screws are plated opposite of what I see in those same photographs and looking at my original carbs I have that I believe have never been restored I am seeing those plated both ways. Anyone have an answer for those?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
The Following User Says Thank You to SS427 For This Useful Post:
ScottG (03-19-2019)