View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 08:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,708 Times in 723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTERYCHEVELLE View Post
No offense but I seriously doubt it. If we start stretching the “anything can happen” tune to comparing Pontiacs to Chevelle or a 360hp to what would be in 375hp ( 4 row wide tank ) to convince ourselves of things that we really don’t need convincing on., we open up a hornets nest for every guy who wants to claim his car is all original and God knows we have enough of that out there.

A 66 SS 360hp 4 speed car would not have a 4 row rad. Could you order one? Sure. But not something that would come standard. It would also be very unlikely to get an Automatic Trans installed in a factory 4 speed car. A carry over Rad would be from a 65. A small block. The 4th week of October was by no means EARLY in my book. I know nobody is claiming absolute here but we have plenty of heavy documentation on Radiators in 66 SS Chevelle. They aren’t interchangeable with Pontiac and not even close to what a 65 Chevelle Rad would be like.

Anyway. Sorry to get off track on your great post Bruce. Just adding my experience to the mix.
Mr. Mysterychevelle,

I congratulate you in your dedication and the time spent researching the cars you love.

I consider myself the same, but in the “stacked headlight” 65-67 GTOs.

I’ve been buying, selling and researching these cars down to the correct Factory overspray for 43+ years now.

I’ve always dealt with the Survivors or once painted Unrestored cars such as Bruce’s 66 Chevelle in this thread.

If I were to be at a car show and saw Bruce’s patina barn find off in the distance, I would certainly walk right past all the bright shiny restored cars (dime-a-dozen) to enjoy how the Factory built it.

My enthusiasm on this “as found car” caused me to misspeak on some Chevelle facts. My Bad.

I need to stick with what I know best, so as not to be scolded in front of the class. Too old for that experience!

BTW, assuming the Chevelle automobile was built on the same time frame as other cars, I’ll stand by my statement of “Relatively Early” on Bruce’s car.

Build year - Aug, Sept, Oct = about 13 weeks
Rest of build year - Nov. - July = about 36 weeks.

Have a Safe Day, Chris.
The Following User Says Thank You to 60sStuff For This Useful Post:
tom406 (10-21-2020)