View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 07:27 PM

Talking

A good friend of mine, whom I believe is a member here, has owned his 69 COPO Camaro since the early 70's (1972 I think) and when he bought it, it was already a street brawler with 5.13 gears, headers, slapper bars, cragars, but otherwise largely stock engine/trans.

I rode in the car many times, lived up the street from me throughout the 70's and 80's. All of us had pretty quick street cars, and plenty of others around on the streets as well, but that COPO was one of the quicker cars of that time. In the late 80's, the car still virtually unchanged, he got the bug to run it at the track after all those years. With the headers open and a pair of 28x9 slicks it went 12.20 at 114mph and was starting to lay over at the 1,000 foot mark. Kept his foot in it and ran it out the back door. Was the first and last time at the track.
Still owns the car today, leads a cushy life, with the only change being 4.56 gears to make it more streetable The car only has 20-something thousand original miles and still has it's original engine. I pestered him for a while after the gear change to go back to the track, lol. Car just got too collectable throughout the 90's and he drove it less and less.

Last edited by x33rs; 12-11-2018 at 07:29 PM.