View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 09:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Spears View Post
Drivers texting or drunks & wrong way drivers are a greater danger.
I really don't know which one is more dangerous. For several years now, I have been saying that texting is more dangerous than drunk driving (unless one is just plastered). At least the guy who is buzzed is TRYING to keep it between the ditches. I don't make that statement to justify drunk driving. Both are dangerous and incredibly stupid; not to mention the absolute disregard for the lives of others.

Because there are so few people doing 200 mph on a bike compared to the millions texting and driving, I doubt there is any way to verify which one is more dangerous. The bottom line is: does it really matter WHICH one is MORE dangerous?

I had a very fast bike in 1982-83. It was the fastest street bike available. As Lee said, that kind of acceleration is addictive. It "only" did 134. Nothing compared to these modern bikes. The only time I ever tested it out was on a long stretch of two lane black top at night with no traffic. Even that was stupid, and almost cost me my life. I sold the bike the next day.

If this guy goes down, I only hope he doesn't injure someone else.
markinnaples (05-30-2023)