View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 04:28 PM

For what this may be worth to anyone. I believe I have an original assembly line head light on my 1970 Nova. It’s a Power Beam with a GM logo. In 1974 one of the lamps blew out and I got a replacement unit from my local GM parts store.

The replacement was not an exact match, and that always bothered me to the point that I always look over head lights at car shows, hoping to perhaps find another match.
And, then I did see a match show up one day at a local car show in the 80’s, unexpectantly on a 1969 Camaro ! The owner wasn’t around, but everything looked unaltered and “right” to me, so now I take that to mean some late Camaros did get Power Beams.

Attached are the pictures of my head light that exactly matched the Camaro head light (remember, I was keying in on the details at the time I saw it). Notice the 2 at the top and the GM circle logo at the bottom of the bulb. I have found many Power Beams with a GUIDE logo, but in my experience the 7 inch head light with the GM logo are just rare.

Anyone else seen a match to this ? Good luck !
Attached Images