View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

The Black 70 had 074 heads on it...….. And, there is a much easier way to tell a real L-89 Nova apart from the others..... LOL..... This is one of those you had to be there stories... while looking at the Black car back after it was completed at the Nova Nationals.... Legendary Motor cars in Canada built the car and the owner put it in for Judging...
The Judge (can't remember his name, but he is a expert in the 68-70 Nova world) went to the owner and told him it would probably be a good idea to take his car out of the Judging area as it probably wouldn't get 900 points, the owner pulled the car out and wasn't too Happy ( I don't think he was a real car guy anyway) and parked it in the Show area...… There was me and about 6 of the members here that were walking thru area looking at the cars (I had the Gold 70 L-89 Clone car there) …… we stopped to look at the Black car and were talking about the engine.... The owner was sitting behind the car and heard us...… He wasn't too happy and told us what is our problem.... All you have to do is look at the distributor cap..... It's Brown.... "Only L-89 cars came with Brown Caps"......LOL.... There'[s a lot more to the story but it would take pages to tell it all...… So......Just look at the Cap color...… End of Story !!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things

Last edited by kwhizz; 12-22-2018 at 02:27 PM.