View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 12:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,968 Times in 1,392 Posts

I couldn't find a lower valance I could get in less than a couple months, so performed surgery on the damaged one.

After I did some twisting, pounding and welding of the tears, I had it pretty good, but the weld nuts were broken off both ends. I had a couple left over from a '47 ford project. I had to grind the raised locator off to be flat for this, but they worked well.

Not bad for a mangle part.

The right side has issues of it's own under a thick coat of filler. I'll let the bodyman deal with that...

Onto the last details. I used the cut off panel as a template to mark the cut line, cut it out and test fitted the marker. It even works...

Located the position of the trunk latch and welded that in. I had to make a major depression in the trunk pan for this, as the latch is not the same on both sides and the mount area didn't have a provision for this. It's just metal, I can bend it.

And the LAST piece of the puzzle....I took the lock from the old deck lid and installed it. Amazingly, the trunk shuts, locks and opens again.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
mhurd (08-25-2021), Xplantdad (08-26-2021)