View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 12:14 AM

Default Super Bite suspension/ Motion- Chevelle/El Camino

I bought a 1970 SS396 El Camino, which was street raced around Knoxville, Tennessee...back in the early/mid 70's. The car was a special ordered L78, turbo 400, with a 4.10 posi rear. I have been back a couple of times to his house, and gotten more parts. He was the second owner, and bought the car in Dec. 1972, from his buddy, the first owner. He said they raced all around East Tennessee, and I got a set of stock rear lower control arms, Lakewood ladder bars along with a set of Hooker Super Comp headers. The car still has a set of tubular lower rear arms, and a set of small, tight wound, longer rear springs, with faded yellow shocks, under it. The front springs have a set of spacers under the springs. He said he went to the local speed shop in town. They ordered a drag race traction kit for him, sometime in late 1973/74, from a place up in New York. Is anyone familiar with the Super Bite Motion kits for a Chevelle/GM A-body? The arms are round, not square, like the mid/late 70's Motion ads I have seen.

Last edited by PDGarland; 05-20-2023 at 12:15 AM. Reason: add text
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PDGarland For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (05-20-2023), PeteLeathersac (05-20-2023)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...