Thread: Decode L78
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyL78 View Post
Great info John. Thanks very much. I am fairly sure I have the 19A rating.Worth checking though. I have had 3 claims and no problems. I called them on the Nova and she said the book value was 93.5K and if anything happened they would pay me and also give me back the car at no charge.

Since all their policys come standard with Roadside Assistance I figured that was what the $40 fee was for. Everyone gets that. That's their minimum coverage. Their top Roadside Assistance is a good deal and makes CAA look like a joke.
Unlimited tows up to 250 KLMs. They will even pick up your car at your house and deliver it to a shop and then pick it up and bring it back to your house! Try that one with CAA.
They will tow any car that you or your family is driving at the time. Always a flatbed.
They have all the other services like battery and gas.

All pics are on the link in post #8.I can't load pics on this site so I used a link with Kijiji.

Thanks again.
Ken
Umm I HAD Hagerty Plus when I had them insure my 1961. But I was told that benefit was ONLY for that particular car. So being I have a business and drive about 70,000kms/year, I went with CAA. Will have to compare/see and if this is the case, will drop CAA and go back with Harerty.

Thanks for the info Ken.

The only reason I brought up the 19A is it's bad enough IF something happens, but even worst that the implied coverage the agent said just isn't that. I went though this exact issue with our business benefits. We have a small kitchen cabinet company. My parents own it, so dad got a brain tumor back 2014/2015. So then he couldn't get out-of-country insurance to go to his house in Phoenix Arizona. His friend sold benefits and said IF he got the company benefits, he qualifies as they HAD to take all employee when the policy starts. So we did it, benefits for 5 employees and my 2 parents, they were mid 70's at the time. AND it was only $300.00 more for EVERYONE then dads last insurance cost. So he covers everyone's costs. Well dad past away in Arizona last January. He was supposed to have a "standard" life insurance policy of $50,000.00 that both him and my mom divided 50/50 between wife and myself when we first got the policy. Agent said wwe had it and even had them BOTH name beneficiaries. After dad passed we were going through our paperwork and said the company has a 50K policy, NOPE it automatically STOP and you get disqualified at 75 yrs old??? Dad was 78 when he passed so doubt he had insurance ever.

NICE car. T400 car too.

John
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
The Following User Says Thank You to EZ Nova For This Useful Post:
ZiggyL78 (09-10-2019)