View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:39 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

Love the chrome tips. Looks awesome. Guess you are getting tired of hearing that, right? Yeah, right.

Original paint car, right? Love the orange peel on the lower valance. Your car got WAY more paint than mine did at the factory. Mine had no orange peel on the lower valance from the factory, because they didn't shoot enought paint to orange peel.

Mine had primer showing at the lower 1 inch on pars of the lower rear valance. I couldn't bring myself to replicate that when I painted it (for the first time) in 2012. That's what I meant by "over restored" in my previous post. I hope you took no offense at all to that. Looking at the underside of your car, I just know few, if any of these cars, looked so good from day one. I restored mine to a level of what it WOULD have looked like had every guy or gal on the line taken their time and done the best they could. One example: the lead filled seam between the roof and quarter was horrible. Really wavy on BOTH sides. Yes, you are damn right I "over restored" it. I re-leades it, and then used maybe 1 cc of filler to make it perfect. I HATE wavy panels.

Great job. This will be a fun driver.
NorCam (05-27-2020)