View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I just got the Blue Bomer loaded!!!!!!!! Have you ever met the guy who just can’t leave well enough alone.....? That would be me!!!!

Last year I sold the Holley 950 HP with downleg boosters that ran great on the Chevelle to go to a 1000 HP with annular boosters......I didn’t like it....it seemed too big so I found a really nice, never been used 830 HP with annular boosters that was a display model for Summit Racing, so I was told. For a month......I’ve had issues with the car as it would pop, spit and sputter over 5000 rpm. I changed plugs, distributor cap, rotor and even adjusted the valve lash TWICE......which is the third time this year. I’m so lazy....I’m lucky if I do it once a year!!!

So after frustration setting in and getting down to crunch time, I ordered a brand new 830 HP with annular boosters. I got it today, threw it on and the car ran great. I only had to adjust the idle mixture screws and the main idle screws just a little.

So, instead of being just a show car.....I’m hoping to compete again in the COPO Pete Shootout again.

I’ll see everyone tomorrow afternoon, Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint