View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 06:45 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Bill,,, Dave B didn't liberate the 12 mile Corvette from L.A.P.. I won't mention the name but a guy from Minnesota did. It then went to an old friend of mine in Wisconsin, Bob Adams. Went thru (I think) 2 more people. Classic motors was squeezed in there as well. Dave B and his partner, Jim K ended up with it around this time. I'm pretty sure the NOS L88 engine came from Terry M. My partner in Red Alert, Terry Carney (RIP), went to Washington state and got the title to it for Jerome S, a very good customer of ours at Classic Motors and a great guy. Somewhere early in this story the car had a bunch of parts replaced with incorrect stuff. Nothing big or too important, but it was a really shady thing to do. Stuff like the original shifter, throttle pedal, clutch and brake pedal covers, and so on. I saw all the incorrect stuff the day we went to Jeromes to look at the car Just wanted to sort of set the record straight. Dave B did do his usual masterul job of bringing the car back to life, while leaving as much originality as possible. You may remember that the drivers door was not adjusted well at the factory and Dave left that alone as an example. I think the door remains that way to this day...Bill S
Thanks for the correction Bill I found the article in Corvette News 1976 where I first read about it. Even in this article "The Customer in Minnesota" name is not mentioned. I have included the photo of I believe the 12 mile car from BG 1999 along side my 67 Benchmark Lynndale Roadster. Interesting story. Bill
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Big Block Bill For This Useful Post:
dykstra (03-22-2024), napa68 (03-22-2024), olredalert (03-23-2024), ragtop (03-22-2024), Roger M (03-22-2024), RPOLS3 (03-22-2024)