View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 08:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
no, theres another supplement..its part of the catalog, it has its own section..it calls out bolts specifically and even has lengths and head markings...ask member Enoch...i believe he even commented on it in the past

I dont know for sure...i just put it together he has or has access to one...he's the only guy i know that has been able to ID bolts so well..

also original not-updated parts manuals have many bolts IDd..like year to year orig stuff, not reprint or updated stuff..it just didnt get into the updated parts manuals..and all the parts hounds i know, keep that stuff, because its so hard to get
Are these the pages you are referring to Mark? Again, while it details the bolt itself, the only application clue it offers is a part number, then you have to find your parts catalog, find the number and get the description to figure out if it's the rear bumper guard mounting bolt for a '69 Camaro or the front sway bar bushing mounting bracket bolt for a '70 GTO.

The Mopar guys have already done that legwork, as in this pic from the E-body fastener book that notes the details on the bolt AND the fact that they are 1970 Small-block Water Pump bolts. Kind of surprises me that nobody in the GM world has done the same. Hmmmm. Book idea?
Attached Images

Last edited by Tracker1; 12-15-2018 at 08:12 PM.