View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Few different reasons why they won't actually. Could be the "bait-and-switch" where they "SAY" you can get UPTO $10,000 off, oh but wait, not that model and options? Or the dealer your looking at with the car knows it's desirable, and at this time is holding out for what they think it's worth.

Seen this many times on new trucks. AND a buddy DID buy a recent ZL-1 Camaro a few years ago. Same thing, discounts were NOT on that option/model. Seen some on-line for the $$$ he wanted to spend. Dealer said "fine maybe you should shop there". Local guy were at their price and wouldn't move the few grand. So he drove and bought elsewhere.

I did the exact same thing on my wife Nissan Maxima. Local dealer was 15-1800 more than dealer about 30 mins away. Told them "she is buying the car YOU HAVE ON YOU LOT TODAY". They stuck to their price. Drove to the out of town dealer, put down the $15K deposit, got them to do the extra''s she wanted, and drove back 4 days later and picked it up. Drove the the local dealer and showed them. Sales guy said I WILL NOT sell for that price! Just so now we know for the future. BUT she doesn't get as good as service for work and other things. Most of the time there "too busy" with cars they sold and she has to wait a 4/5 days to get service at the local dealer too. Spoke to Nissan Canada about it, not really concerned as they are NOT refusing her service.

I was a car salesman for 5 yrs back in the earliy 90"s. I sold Chrysler and Mazda. Back in 2003 wife wanted a new Mazda 3. So we went to the dealer I sold for, boss wasn't in, so sales guy talked to me. Seen the exact car we wanted on the lot as we did visit other just to educate myself on the car/pricing. Came time to do the deal. sales IDIOT puts all our info down and I give him the plate portion of the plate so they can transfer it if we accept the deal. Turns the contract to me, NO DISCOUNT FULL LIST PRICE. I cross-out his price and put our OFFER price in. REMEMBER I WORKED FOR THIS DEALER FOR 3 YEARS. He says "what do you think your doing". I say "putting in my offer. Not paying full list are you nutz"? He come back was "this is the first year car and winning awards, WE ARE SELLING THEM FOR FULL LIST OR NOT SELLING"? I said fine and we left. BUT that night I remembered we left our plate portion and sent the wife in the next day to speak to the owner and get it back. Owner called my cell. Asked what happened and IF we bought yet. I said No and he asked me to come in. We ended up getting the car for 200 over DEALER COST and the sales guy was suspended for a week.

So maybe try a manager or higher up also.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)

Last edited by EZ Nova; 07-08-2019 at 03:27 PM.