View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: A few Mo. Carter's Camaro Trans-Am pictures

I am the one on here with a Frissbee. I used to hang out with Mike and Horst Kroll when they were in the states for a race. I have the sister car to Horst's T-400 that won Mosport with Paul Tracy in his first pro ride and that was how he got his start driving.

My car is a ex Ongais F-5000 Lola T-400. They were the first cars with rocker arm front supension and did not have enough down force to make them work. Danny spent as much time off the track as on it, I was told. It then went to T-333 bodywork which is how I got it.

I then converted it to Frisbee bodywork and that is as far as I got. (See pic) A new business and $$$$ problems seemed to keep me from ever running the car. It is all new except for the chassis.

The 69 Vette is a good car. Ex Mitch Lambert out of Okla City who was the driver in the pic I posted. That was at the '78 Trans-Am at Hallett. I bought the car after the race as a roller (no mtr or tranny). I still have the original title dated 1970 when it was turned into a race car and took off the street. The original owner was a Colby Hillman of Ohio. I am only the third owner of it. I took it to the Runoffs at Atlanta in 1980 when all the protests about the L-88 hoods happened. Mine was legal as it is a factory hood. I can take the entire bodywork off the car to make it easier to work on.

Pantera
Attached Images

73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA