View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 09:48 PM

Well I have 4 wheel brakes now...lol. Only the rear drum brakes were working when I got the car. I replaced some of the drum brake hardware parts so that the springs that hold the brake shoes in place sit straight and work properly. Car came with new brake drums on it. Replaced all 3 brake hoses as the 2 front hoses showed some fraying and all looked original. Front calipers were ‘frozen’...so had to replace them. I had a hard time bleeding the calipers, vacuum did not work to pull fluid through system for bleeding. I had to have someone push the brake pedal to ever get the system bleed.
Also the car would drain the battery if it sit overnight. I determined that the alternator, which was not the right one for the car, was the cause and have replaced it.
After all that I did take the car for a short 3 mile ride. Much more work to do. Car seems to sit way to high. I know it has 15” tires and wheels but it still feels like it is much higher than normal when driving. Rear fender welds are much higher than the tires. May need to replace coil springs. What is left of ‘Hurst’ stickers/decals on the shocks.
Oh well, I am making progress