View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Rydell Chevrolet in Illinois

Rydell Chevrolet started in the 50s in Grand Forks ND by Leonard Rydell and it has carried down to his son Wes who is active. A brother Jim is in Waterloo IA. The corporation runs about 50 auto dealerships around the country. Wes is a hot rodder and a friend of mine and I have never heard him mention tractors. He is good friends with Chip Foose and his Grandmaster 35 Chevy won the Riddler award in Detroit about 5 or 6 years ago. His 54 Chevy belair is featured in absorber ads in national magazines. They built a new dealership about 3 years ago and I was told any old info was long gone prior to that. They were an excellent high perf dealer back in the day as we had an USAF base and missile sites construction at the time that brought alot of dollars to the area. They sold a Z-16 chevelle, but no COPOs that I am aware of. I remember 3 1970 Z/28s and 4 SS396 chevelles on the lot as I went into the service in 1970. They helped or sponsored several drag cars back in the day. They are a first class operation and true car people.