Thread: Another Find
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big gear head View Post
He said that the car had been painted once and cowl induction hood had been added at that time.
He told Cook it was original paint. I believe some aspects of it are, like the cowl, but the car in general has been painted.

He's wrong about his reasoning as to why he believes the hood was added. It very well could have been equipped with it. 01B car, the hood was in production a couple weeks prior. Would need to look at the car closer. However, with that said, majority of Z's were in fact flat hood cars anyway.

I'm not buying his explanation for the stripe either. The car is too early to have a wide spoiler, it's been added. It's also missing the support bars on the front chin spoiler that so many people never add when putting spoilers on. I'm betting it has standard torsion rods in the trunk. Dealer added.....maybe, but the stripes weren't done that way at the factory on a "real" spoiler car.

I wasn't knocking the car, I like it, they're all cool. I'm not a fan of picking on someone's car and feel that's bad taste. I was more or less knocking the informant and the information that he was relaying, some of the stuff he mentioned was not exactly correct.

Last edited by x33rs; 05-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.