Thread: Laaaaaaand HO!!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:17 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Wow, really? Based on inconsistent thickness, straightness of the boards equivalent to the Baltic Sea, and ease of handling a 12ft board with the firmness of paper, I can't imagine why he can't find anyone! Luckily, i'm stupid enough to tackle it myself!

Moving ahead, I've got about half the barn sheathed (Is that the right word? Or is it shorned? Or is that only related to sheep??? I haven't been right after that board hit me in the head! ) in the planking, and up on the scaffolding I go! The gameplan here is to do all the walls and then work on the ceiling. Alternate stain color on the stalls, walls and ceiling, and cedar beams will compliment each other for that "holy crap, why would anyone do this to barn that will be destroyed with horses? " look!

Every 10ft on the walls where the boards butt up against each other there's a seam which will be covered by a 2x8 piece of cedar to give the illusion when you walk in that the whole interior of the barn is constructed of wood. That will go across the ceiling too where the ceiling fans are mounted. Should hopefully all tie in nicely!

Thanks for the compliments guys! And Billohio, thanks for keeping me in mind at the recent farm market you went to!

More to come next week!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
big gear head (01-23-2019)