Thread: 1969 Copo
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Copo

You may be correct Stefano. However, I would like to hear from Kurt S., who in 2012 stated: "Body# is NOR351471. Pretty obvious rebody if you know what you are looking at." Kurt S doesn't normally make such statements if he can't back it up. I would think it would involve more than Z23 interior group items. 2012 thread

One of the biggest problems for me at least is the fake docs. I have no docs for my car. It is what it is. I know it was purchased new in Oklahoma, and to the best of my knowledge it never left the State. I have a dealer number, but no confirmation on which dealer. State of OK lost all my car's info when they changed computer systems in 1978. So, I can't find any owner previous to my brother. He isn't even in the system, but I know I purchased from him even though there is no record in the system of that purchase. I am not going to pay a forger to put fake docs together for my car. Once an owner does that, it is almost as bad as swapping a trim tag: it callS EVERYTHING into question. If some guy is dishonest enough to fake docs, why wouldn't he or she use fake tags, fake stamps, fake it with a re-body?