View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:18 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Couple of things, Keith. 1st. that garage must have been like your own swap meet with no one out bidding you!

----2nd. Tell us about the 63 Lemans. An older buddy back in 1963 had a new 326 stick convertible and I thought it was so slick, but that one in triple white is really cool, especially with the Rally 1's. It was quick to my 15 year old brain, and I've laughed to myself a couple of times noting that I had no idea what was going to happen in the Pontiac nation a year later!.....Bill S
LOL.

Dad surprised me a couple times.

When he got his '63 Tempest coupe it was just out of the blue (to me, at least). He had the car shipped from Oregon and it went immediately into the primary spot in the front garage.

Mom was pissed. Here is this "old car" sitting in her spot, with awful bronze paint and a couple flat tires and a milk crate for a seat.

Dad was walking around whistling to himself, oblivious. He got a straight, rust free car with all the glass intact. Perfect for a Super Duty clone.

The convertible was similar, in that I don't remember any build up or discussion about it. He got it from a guy that worked at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners MI, so we drove over there to pick it up. They showed us around the grounds and treated us like we were royalty while we were there.

The car is a 326v8 auto. Originally with a maroon top Dad switched it to white when he had the car painted and freshened up. Built in Pontiac it was tagged to a "Mr Conner" (no idea who that might be).

K
Attached Images

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 05-05-2021 at 11:21 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
dykstra (05-05-2021), markinnaples (05-05-2021), olredalert (05-05-2021), PeteLeathersac (05-06-2021)