View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 02:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I had a craigslist ad up for some 2nd gen camaro parts for sale (including some extra bumpers that came with my car, but they were rough), noting at the bottom I was looking for a nice pair of '74-77 bumpers for my car.

Well a month or two goes by, I sell some parts, and randomly get a call asking if I was still looking for bumpers. He said he had an NOS pair of bumpers with NOS rubber strips (note the rubber pieces alone are $200 each for repops!) sitting in the rafters of his barn, original GM boxes and all!! He said "give me 100 bucks and your old bumpers and we have a deal" - his car wasn't going to be done anytime soon and mine looked "good enough".

The story doesn't end there either. I drove an hour or two to the middle of nowhere Kansas and wait for the guy to show up at a local truck stop. All the sudden I see this Lincoln Town Car roll up with the trunk wide open and the Camaro bumpers hanging way out the back held in with bungee cords. I was shocked. Luckily he had towels wrapped around them so they were fine, it just looked quite odd. We traded bumpers and he was happy as could be to end up with an extra 100 bucks.

I've still got those bumpers on my car today. Every once and awhile I get asked how I got them so nice and polished up (the anodizing on these bumpers likes to cloud up over time if left outside) and I tell them that story.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 72heavychevy For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (05-06-2021), ruralrte66 (05-05-2021)