View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 02:45 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72heavychevy View Post
He said he had an NOS pair of bumpers with NOS rubber strips (note the rubber pieces alone are $200 each for repops!) sitting in the rafters of his barn...
I wasn't going to tell this story, but speaking of "bumpers in the rafter of a barn..."

The rear bumper on my '04 Silverado 2500HD is a little tweaked; not too bad but bad enough I notice and I compare with everybody else's rear bumper that I see.

I looked for a replacement and sort of accidentally bought a new (China) bumper off ebay. It didn't fit right and rusted before I even backed it out of the garage, so I threw it away and put my original tweaked bumper back on (after I had drug it around on the concrete because I thought I was going to throw it away).

My brother-in-law Denny got my Dad's truck after Dad passed. I stopped by Denny and Jenny's the other day and Dad's old truck was sitting there. As I walked past I noticed and remembered that Dad had removed the rear bumper and installed a fiberglass rear roll pan in its place.

I asked Denny "hey - do you still have the rear bumper off Dad's truck?"

He said "yes- it's hanging there in the barn, over the boat".

Score! So now I have a new take-off original GM, straight, rust free bumper (of known provenance) for the back of my truck.

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 05-05-2021 at 06:14 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (05-06-2021), olredalert (05-05-2021), PeteLeathersac (05-06-2021), scuncio (05-05-2021)