View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 04:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
OK Mr. Goldfinger...I gotta ask?

When do you bring it home? Or does Goldfinger get to live in that big fancy shop forever. Oh and I see a couple drips and some dirt on the floor there. Don't they have automatic sweepers and floor polishers to clean those floors every hour?

Must be nice to have that kinda storage buddy.
I mean we all can't have a shop with a lift at our house like you... My garage at home is 18'X20'... why not take care of the heavy lifting at work?

We do not have automatic sweepers, yet! We do however have a janitorial staff who clean the floors every night with a power scrubber/zamboni type contraption. The Goldfinger, as you've named it, has become quite popular over here... I think some of the guys will have separation anxiety when I bring it home soon.

I am very fortunate, humbled, and lucky to have all the help I've received on this car. Basically the shop foreman, one body guy, the service manager and I have reassembled everything to this point. We work on it when we have time which can be hard to come by sometimes.

I need to find a storage place for my 68 Camaro while I reassemble the rest at home which ain't cheap around here!

At home I will do the following:
-Sand and polish the back half of the car after the repair we had to make to
the left 1/4
- Install all the side glass and stainless
- Install the weatherstripping
- Install the cowl panel
- Install the door handles and the interior: door panels, carpet, console,
seats, kick panels

Almost there. I think I'm going to drive it a little bit before I have the frame connectors installed...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
dykstra (10-23-2021), napa68 (10-22-2021), NorCam (10-23-2021), Xplantdad (10-22-2021)