View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv69s View Post
Beautiful car and great ad !

the 11N and 19N bother me... Ive always seen 19N... but more interesting is that the trans and blocked were stamped while bolted together and one right after another. Within seconds.
Hard to believe the GM worker changed dyes in between stamps. But anything could have happened I guess. broken dye after one stamp? realized the 11 was wrong and changed it ? (doubtful).

My brother retired form GM and his job for years was stamping the blocks and trans with the VINs. The workers dont care so much, believe me !!

GLWS
Interesting. So you're saying that the GM worker would not have changed the dye. He would have just keep stamping blocks with a broken or missing # 9? (doubtful).

Harder to believe is that someone savvy enough to have the correct dyes would be so incompetent as to stamp the wrong numbers on the block. I'd have to agree with Chuck "if something is obviously wrong, it usually means its right. No restamper would have a reason to think he needed to put two 1s" .

That's why provenance on a car is so important. It gives you more insight into a car than just the stamping. You can see who owned it, when, for how long and get an idea what they may have used the car for.

Like you said anything could happen.