View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulsanne Blue View Post
I believe REM supplies the black dividers most vendors sell today, but I'll contact them. Do you have any remnants of the original material? If so, knowing the thickness would better communicate with possible suppliers.

By the way, my '70 z is a 04B NORWOOD also. We should compare numbers sometime.
Yet another part that is repoped poorly.

I do have my original, but it is torn and taped in a few spots. It is good enough I can make a pattern out of it in CAD.

I will try to figure out the material. If I can find a source I will let you know. I can then buy some and possibly cut it on a CNC Xacto knife machine we have at work. I had to do that for the package tray. The repop trays don't have the insulating foam backing. I carefully peeled my original off and created a pattern in CAD and cut it out on the machine. I was surprised that Legendary doesn't do the insulating backing or even the correct rear speaker cutout. Their speaker version tray only has the type that has a series of holes covered by black mesh.

In the mean time I will try to remember to measure it tonight and post the thickness.

I've seen several 70z's from early April. 04A's and B's. The line must have been rolling pretty good at that time.

Last edited by BCreekDave; 09-05-2019 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added some to it