View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

My understanding is that Alan Green went out of business in late 1969 as I talked to a guy that bought a '69 RS/SS Camaro convertible at bank auction off their lot in late 1969 or early 1970 when the bank was auctioning everything. The car had sat with the top down and so it had a bunch of rain water in it, but otherwise was a brand new car and he got it for I think around $800 at the time.

I also thought all these Alan Green license frames used "SEATTLE" and not "BURIEN" on the top bar as the cars they sponsored all stated "SEATTLE" as the dealer location as while the dealership is in what's now Burien, Burien was not an incorporated city until the early 1990's, long after Alan Green Chev was defunct. I live in the Seattle area and have spoken to a number of former Alan Green employees from back in the day and the cars they had on display as part of a commemorative Alan Green display at last year's Corvette and High Performance meet in Puyallup, WA, I believe all referenced "SEATTLE" as well. Just trying to be accurate here.
'68 L72 Biscayne
'69 L78 Nova
'17 Denali 3500HD