View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac View Post
'

Good info Rick also car looks great!
Wasn't color representative of Cranking Amps w/ Yellow being less CCA's than Red also Green less than yellow?
On replacements, were all R-Series Red and all Y-Series Yellow as I was wondering in this recent Topper thread?
https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155337

~ Pete

I assume you're talking about the Y-55's because I don't ever recall a Y-59. So yes the Y-55's are yellow and are less cranking amps. They are also reverse polarity (as they call them here) with the terminals reversed and would technically be a correct battery for a SB 69 Camaro for instance. Negative is closest to the radiator and where the hole is found on the core support for the little ground wire to attach off the negative cable.

I've always had a correct battery in our Z with the terminals reversed (technically the R59 wouldn't work anyway unless I modified the original battery cables because the ground wire to the core support isn't long enough to reach from the other side of the battery), so I just recently made my own Y-55 topper as there are none produced at this time. I started with an R-59 topper and switched the polarity insignia. My wife found a place that sold the correct decal that even came with a warranty card that I thought was funny. I painted the yellow accents myself even though the kit came with yellow decals. Pretty happy with the results.

Last edited by x33rs; 07-31-2019 at 10:34 PM.