View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 01:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv69s View Post
Jim is trying to build a hemi 302 motor from the ‘off-road’ head package that I owned. Jim bought my complete Nos Hemi 302 setup from me ( less the intake base). I searched for over thirty years putting together the package. It had magnesium valve covers, but intake was aluminum. Years after purchasing the heads, I found the intake top and I even found NOS pistons for the setup, but never found in intake base ��.

There were apparently three hemi 302 complete motors built and some spare heads, etc.

I have seen another NOS hemi intake top plate besides mine, so I always thought it possible that an intake base exists.

If there is one out there, it will probably show up now.
The last time I was in Al Maynard's basement, I seem to recall an entire hemi-head motor on a stand down there. That was probably 2 or 3 years before he passed. Also, based on story of Al having the scrap contract for Chevrolet Engineering at the Warren Tech Center at one time, who knows how many parts for this setup were found. Does anyone know if these parts only surfaced through Smokey and/or Al or was there another known source?

Last edited by juliosz; 12-10-2023 at 01:14 PM.