View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 06:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

For me the big value is the fact is that Evaporust only eats rust!

If the rust is not equal in all areas, how do you feel about continuing to eat away at good clean metal- such as the stamped pad area since many people clean it to help I'd a block. The rest of the block is still rusty. What about loosening lifter bores?

If I can use a $70 bucket of evaporust, vs a $5 investment t of you favorite acid, I'm gonna choose the one with lower risk. Once the threshold is closer to a margin of $500 vs $5, I may sway my choice, but that was the point of my video. You really can make the $70 bucket go all the way.

Projects like this depend on weather and my free time. I could confidently leave the block in the Evaporust and not do any damage if we had a rainy spell or my schedule got too busy.

Here are some videos using other popular methods. I trust any could work with the right amount of attention and car through the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
I have derusted many an item using muriatic acid, which is HCL, I diluted by at least 75% (3 parts water to 1 part acid), of course. I have also used straight vinegar. A little slower, but result the same. I can buy a gallon of white vinegar for a little over a $1 at the $ store. The acid is maybe $5 for a gallon, but makes 4 gallons. I have not used Evaporust. Can anyone tell me if they have done both, Evaporust vs. HCL, and how they compare?
ORIGLS6 (05-28-2019)